This course has been designed to educate forensic service providers about the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the development of the ISO/IEC 17020 Standard, the ANAB forensic accreditation program and requirements as well as provide tips for how to read and interpret ISO/IEC 17020. In addition, the course will provide information regarding the planning and activities to consider when preparing for formal application for an ISO/IEC 17020 assessment.
- Gain information regarding ISO, the development of ISO standards and ANAB
- Acquire knowledge regarding key quality concepts of continuous improvement and effectiveness
- Familiarize participants with the structure and content of ISO/IEC 17020:2012 and the forensic accreditation requirements AR 3120 and provide a few tools for understanding and interpreting the accreditation requirements
- Gain an understanding of the role of an accreditation body, the ANAB accreditation process and the benefits of accreditation
- Acquire the knowledge needed to assist your own laboratory with preparing for an ANAB accreditation assessment
Cost: $700 per person
Note: The registration fee includes a copy of ISO/IEC 17020.