Course DescriptionIn response to the recent change in focus on competence within the ISO/IEC 17000 series of accreditation standards, ANAB has redesigned its Lead Assessor course to an exercise-based approach to better support and develop the competencies required of a lead assessor.When combined with our standard-specific courses, the successful completion of the Lead Assessor Intensive Training will demonstrate that the participant has the knowledge and application of the skills as defined in the Learning Objectives.
- Knowledge of assessment principles, practices and techniques;
- Communication skills appropriate to interact with all levels within the conformity assessment body;
- Note-taking and report-writing skills;
- Nonconformity writing skills;
- Opening and closing meeting skills;
- Interviewing and listening skills;
- Assessment-management skills;
- Knowledge of risk-based assessment principles.
The Lead Assessor Intensive Training has been designed to develop the required knowledge and skills by incorporating small-group exercises, course work and case studies for hands-on learning allowing attendees to demonstrate their competencies in the classroom environment.
CEU Credits: 3.2
Who Should Attend
- Individuals interested in becoming an assessor for an accreditation body*
- Current assessors looking to further demonstrate the required competences
- Internal auditors looking to further develop their auditing skills
- individuals looking to understand the assessment process and assessment related activities
The information presented during this course assumes an understanding of the structure and content of the applicable accreditation standard. A thorough review of the requirements is provided in the online training portion of this course but requirements will not be reviewed in detail while on site.
Attendees should have a solid understanding of the standard of interest (i.e. ISO/IEC 17025 or ISO/IEC 17020) before attending this course.